Our family is growing! We are expecting our second child at the start of the new year! Just a few days after I told Jamie we should wait a year or two before having another baby, Jamie came out of the bathroom with a delighted smile on her face and a positive pregnancy test in her hand. I instantly became just as delighted… well maybe after asking her if she was sure that the test really read positive and suggesting she take another test. Having Grey in our life has been more amazing than I ever could have hoped for, and I have no doubt that our hearts will continue to expand with the arrival of Baby Moore 2.0.
We haven’t told many people that we are expecting, but Jamie’s expanding waistline is starting to raise a few eyebrows, so we are excited to share with you our secret we have been keeping for 6 months! I’ve noticed that when we share this news, similar questions are asked, so I thought it would be fun to answer them all in one space!
- How far along is Jamie? Jamie is currently 24 weeks pregnant! 6 months! Yikes! This baby will be here before we know it!
- What is the official due date? Jamie is due January 12th, 2017.
- How old will Grey be? Grey will be exactly 2 years and 12 days old if the baby arrives on the due date.
- Are we going to find out the gender? Nope! Just like with Grey, we are not going to find out the gender of our baby until he/or she arrives.
- Doesn’t the “planner” in us have to know? Doesn’t not knowing kill us? Not at all! It’s actually kind of nice to have a surprise to look forward to. For us, finding out early would be like opening a Christmas present early. We love the surprise. It keeps us in suspense!
- Do we think we know what the gender will be? We have suspicions it is a girl this time! But, that might just be wishful thinking. I guess time will tell if our parent-ly intuitions are correct or not. Honestly though, we will be thrilled with either a little brother or little sister for Grey. The gender doesn’t matter to us. (Actually… Jamie really wants a girl.)
- How is Jamie feeling? This has been a very different pregnancy than the first time around- Jamie was never sick with Grey, but this pregnancy has left her with migraines and quite a bit of nausea at times. She is such a trooper though, and hasn’t skipped a beat! Hardest working woman I know! So proud of her and always amazed at the strength and grace with which she carries herself!
- How is the baby? The baby has a healthy beating heart, ten toes and ten fingers and is already quite active and moving around in Jamie’s belly. We think we might have a wild child on our hands. We give thanks that there have not been any complications so far. Also… the ultrasound technician said the new baby looks pretty cute; so thats cool too.
- Have we told Grey about the baby? Yes! He was the first person we told when we found out! He was the safest person to tell since he doesn’t know how to talk! However, if you ask Grey to hug the baby he will hug Jamie’s belly (see photo above). But really… I don’t think he has any clue what is about to happen. Let’s just say he’s going to need to learn to share more quickly than he is currently learning that life lesson. I think his world is about to get rocked!
- How is Steve feeling? Ok… nobody is asking this, but can’t a guy pretend? Ha! I’m feeling really excited, but I’m working hard to transition the business and trying to make sure to make good decisions today that will provide enough money in the bank to pay for another person’s college some day. I’m sure some of my fears from the first time we were expecting will re-surface, but for now I am just excited!
- Are we still going to take on weddings? Um…. yes…. Having another baby doesn’t mean we get to retire. It means we have more of an incentive to work harder to provide a good life for our family. We are actually currently expanding our business- more coming about that soon.
- Is Jamie’s role in the business changing? Yes. Although Jamie will still be planning weddings, we have hired some additional planners to help carry the weight. Jamie’s role will shift to oversee and support those coordinators, but she isn’t going anywhere and will still be very much involved!
- Have we decorated the nursery yet? No! And we aren’t going to until after we meet the baby! We loved putting together Grey’s nursery, but after he was born we realized very quickly it just didn’t seem to fit his personality. So we are going to get to know baby number two first and then put a room together that is befitting. I think we bought everything we didn’t really need the first time around so that is out of our system!
- Do we have names picked out? Well that depends on who you ask. I’m pretty set with what I love, but Jamie is still exploring other options while I nightly try to convince her the name I have suggested is pretty AWESOME! We’ll see if she comes around to the idea or not. We’ll share the name we decide together after the baby arrives.
- Where is Jamie’s dress from in the photos? Ok this question is an update from my original post because I have about 30 e-mails already asking where the dress is from. It is a BHLDN exclusive, non maternity, bridesmaid dress designed by Joanna August called Zola that you can find here! I don’t know anything about Jamie’s makeup so I can’t help you with those questions!
Thanks for sharing in our joy and excitement today as we announce our news! If you have more questions than what I have answered up above, please feel free to ask in the comments below or over on Instagram!
We are so thankful for these images from Matthew Land Studios of our growing little family!